We finally made it to Texas! Well, almost two weeks ago anyway :) It was a move I've been excited to do and also dreading for a long time. We've moved our entire apartment numerous times, and it's not that big of a deal unless you have a baby. Zoey was a champ, but it just takes so much more time to pack and clean when we have to take care of her too.
The trip began on Wednesday evening and we planned on somewhere around a 21 hour trip to get to Texas. Let's just say it definitely didn't end up being 21 hours. I lost count around 30 hours of actual driving . . . yeah . . . in a Uhaul. We got as far as Rock Springs, WY when there were signs saying I-80 was closed. What?!?! It was a beautiful day with no clouds in the sky, clear roads and very few patches of snow on the ground. I was baffled. I've driven I-80 in horrible conditions and the road was never closed. . . go figure. So, we decided to take a different route but since we were so far on the original route, we wasted about 8 hours of driving. (I found out later that there were storms along the entire route we were on, so it was a good idea to re-route) Thursday night we stopped and slept in the parking lot of a travel center in New Mexico. Friday morning when we were getting ready to take off, someone pointed out that we had a flat tire on the trailer. Awesome. We luckily got free road side assistance with Uhaul, but were stuck waiting for someone to come fix the tire. About 3 hours later we were finally on our way again. We made it to my parents house late Friday night. What a trip! Not quite as bad as some of our Alcan adventures, but none of those were in a Uhaul. Those trucks are not made for comfort.
In the truck excited to get the trip over with!
Zoey did lots of sleeping which was SO nice.
I'd like to take note of our attire in the first and last pictures. Even though you can't see that I'm wearing short sleeves, the fact that I'm not wearing two jackets is awesome! I love warm weather! The night we left was record lows for Rexburg. I don't know about Wyoming, where we stopped, but it was stinkin' cold!

You guys are troopers! Glad you made it and can't wait to see more of you now that we're closer!
ReplyDeleteOh man never an uneventful road trip! I love your welcome to Texas picture! I'm crazy jealous of your short sleeves and sunglasses. It snowed here yesterday. I totally moved to the wrong place haha
ReplyDelete