Search

Content

March 14, 2014

Birthday Girl

I had so much fun planning Zoey's birthday party! I kept asking Lance if I was insane for putting so much work into a party for a one year old. He probably thought I was, but never admitted it :) My mom said we do all that work for the pictures. And ya know what?? She's right! Well, it's for the guests and the birthday girl, but we all know it's fun to have pictures to remember it by. So, here are the pictures from the party. We didn't do any games, just a lot of socializing and eating yummy food with friends and family (who I somehow didn't get any pictures of??), cake and presents.

The invitation I made. It was supposed to be Mary Poppins themed. Didn't turn out very "themed" though. Just a lot of frilly girly decorations with a hint of Marry Poppins.


I love how these parasols turned out! They were my favorite thing to make and my favorite part of the table. It kind of looks like a carousel from far away.
 
I'm so glad my mom was there to help with the cake. There's no way I could make butter cream do that!

She almost burned her finger. . . oops!! Gotta watch those curious little fingers.

It's hard being the birthday girl!

She really wasn't into the cake. Maybe because I already gave her some "test" cupcakes the week before? Who knows. This is pretty much what she did the whole time - pick at the frosting

Presents! It's a good thing she had a little helper. She was more interested in the already opened gifts than the wrapped ones. Thank you to those who came and shared this special day with us!


















2 comments:

  1. so so cute! holy cow the party was gorgeous! I love the parasol cupcakes! and zoeys cake, so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all turned out so cute!! Such a cute idea, and i can totally tell its Mary Poppins! :)

    ReplyDelete